Top 5 Steps to Redefining Thermal Comfort
1. DESIGN TO ALL SIX VARIABLES THAT AFFECT OCCUPANT COMFORT USING SIMPLE, TARGETED SYSTEMS
2. FOCUS ON FIRST REDUCING LOADS WITH PASSIVE DESIGN
3. PREVENT THERMOSTAT WARS WITH PERSONAL COMFORT SOLUTIONS
4. BUILD AN INTEGRATED PROJECT TEAM
5. OPENLY DISCUSS AND MANAGE THE RISKS OF A NEW APPROACH
How does RMI’s 15,610 square foot innovative new office building and convening center in Basalt, Colorado, have no traditional central heating and cooling system, in spite of being located in the coldest climate zone in the continental U.S.? The answer is passive, integrative design.