What is CACOR?
The Canadian Association for the Club of Rome (CACOR) is a dynamic and informative association whose members discuss pertinent global topics with some of the most informed, eminent, and articulate specialists. Its mission is to foster widespread understanding of the relationship between human activities and the environment needed for long-term preservation of human civilization.
Why would you want to join?
To be part of a group who wants to bring change. CACOR is dedicated to promoting study, open discussion, and action among Canadians on Canadian and world problems.
“As a new member of this dynamic organization, I have found an alignment with my life purpose by integrating the skills of other CACOR members with my own in a challenging project with a potential for a meaningful contribution to protecting the planet. Being directly involved and watching it come to fruition is very rewarding.”
~ Yasmin Asgarali,
Deceased CACOR member
Benefits of Membership:
- Zoom presentations on a wide range of topics by experts in their fields drawn from Canada and abroad. Presentations are followed by lively discussions. Attendance includes CACOR members, members of the United States Club of Rome, and overseas members of the international Club of Rome. The presentations are posted on YouTube. Members can influence the choice of speakers and participate in running the sessions.
- Social gatherings (lunches and picnics), usually with presentations and discussions—a long-standing hallmark of CACOR—take place as appropriate.
- CACOR has five Google Groups for discussion and sharing of information. These provide a dynamic forum for members, with the exchange of a wealth of articles, sources, and opinions.
- CACOR’s website (https://canadiancor.com/) is a rich and up-to-date resource. Members are invited to contribute. The vast collection is searchable.
- CACOR studies and the website provide a foundation for personal understanding, as well as for individual and collective advocacy.
- CACOR has agreements for collaboration with both the Group of 78 and the Canadian Meteorological Society (CMOS). These provide access to each other’s activities at the rates of the host society.
Our membership fees are:
|One person for one year||$60||$80||$100|
|Couple for one year||$100||$133||$167|
|One person for two years||$100||$133||$167|
|One person for three years||$150||$200||$250|
Students remain at $10.
Fees can be paid via CanadaHelps.org. Search for Canadian Association for the Club of Rome in the CanadaHelps organization list.
All membership fees directly support the organization and help purchase supplies, rent luncheon locations, and provide funding for events. Occasionally some special events and courses may require an additional fee, but we always indicate that clearly in our printed brochures and on our website.
“A member can expect and experience friendship, dedication, goodwill, multiple opportunities and ideas, openness and accountability, and inclusion in ethical decisions and actions. I am proud to be a member. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.”
~ Sheila Murray,
Emeritus Member of CACOR, Member of the Club of Rome
- Download the PDF document below.
- Submit the completed application by email or post.
- Once accepted, you will receive an email directing you to CanadaHelps.org where your membership fee can be paid.
Download Application Form…