Feed In Tariff (FIT)
Consider the benefits of generating clean energy from renewable sources such as the sun, wind, water or bioenergy and selling it for a guaranteed price with a fair return on your investment. Join thousands of Ontarians who are already part of the microFIT Program and contributing to a cleaner environment.
The microFIT Program was launched in 2009 as part of the Ontario government’s efforts to increase renewable energy in the province. The program provides homeowners and other eligible participants with the opportunity to develop a small or “micro” renewable electricity generation project (10 kilowatts (kW) or less in size) on their property.
Under this program, you will be paid a guaranteed price over a 20-year term (40 years for waterpower projects) for all the electricity you produce and deliver to the province’s electricity grid.
Get paid for the power you produce, with prices that:
- are designed to cover the costs of a typical project
- allow you to earn a reasonable rate of return on your investment over the term of the contract.
Contribute to a healthier environment by:
- generating electricity from renewable sources – solar photovoltaic (PV), wind, water and bioenergy
- being part of the largest climate change initiative in North America.
The microFIT Program is a streamlined program for small renewable energy projects under the umbrella of the
Feed-in Tariff (FIT) Program. The FIT Program is designed for projects generating over 10 kW of electricity.
Please go to the FIT page to learn more about the FIT Program.
Version 4 documents
These documents are applicable if you apply to the program on June 21, 2016 or later.
* Digital signatures will not be accepted.