- This event has passed.
April CMOS Ottawa Lunch Meeting: Green Municipal Fund Driving Innovative Sustainability Solutions for Municipalities
April 17 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm$20
TITLE: Green Municipal Fund Driving Innovative Sustainability Solutions for Municipalities
SPEAKER: Deirdre Laframboise
ABSTRACT: Since its inception in 2000 the Green Municipal Fund (GMF) – the Federation of Canadian Municipalities’ sustainability focused endowment fund – has deployed over $900 million in financing to over 1,200 municipal sustainability projects.
Today, the Fund preserves its capital at around $700M and distributes these through sustainability plans, feasibility studies, pilot projects and capital project loans. These initiatives have enabled 2.5Mt CO2e(CO2 equivalent) of greenhouse gas emission reductions. GMF funds in five sectors including: Energy, Transportation, Water, Waste and Land Use and focuses on a triple bottom line criteria framework to guide the funding decisions staff make via a comprehensive review process. This presentation will provide an overview of the challenges Canadian municipalities face in addressing sustainability and related issues and focus on the solutions GMF and it’s sustainability and climate change programs address via capacity building and funding support. It will also examine GMF’s 5 Year Strategic Plan (2018-2023) and provide an overview of the programs and funding streams that support this ambitious Plan.
SPEAKER BIO: Deirdre Laframboise, Senior Manager, Knowledge & Sector Development | Green Municipal Fund.
- 1984 – 1988 National Equestrian Team / Équipe nationale équestre (Concours complet). Qualified for 1988 Olympics (Soeul) / Qualifié pour les Jeux Olympiques
- 2001 – 2012 Clean Air Champions/Champions de l’air pur; Co- founder/Fondatrice & Executive Director / Directrice exécutif (2004-2012)
- 2013-2014 Federal Government / Gouvernement federal Air Quality Regulation (Environment / Environnement Canada) Aquatic Invasive Species / Espèces aquatiques envahissantes règlement (Ministère des Pêches et des Océans)
- 2014 – 2017 Canadian Climate Forum / Forum canadien du climat Executive Director / Directrice exécutif
- 2017 – 2018 Canadian Water Resources Association / Association canadienne des ressources hydriques – Executive Director / Directrice executive
PLACE: Rideau Canal Junior Ranks Mess, 4 Queen Elizabeth Drive, Ottawa. Side entrance, Harmony Room, 4th floor (elevator available)
COST: $25 non members; $20 members & their spouses; students $10. The upstairs ante-room and dining area will be open at 11:30 for those who wish to meet and greet friends and colleagues prior to lunch.
TIME: 12:00 noon, Wednesday 17 April 2019
PARKING: On street parking in the vicinity, or at Ottawa City Hall
RSVP: Please confirm your attendance no later than Sunday 14 April by using this Doodle link. Non members are asked to click the Subscribe link so that we may record their email addresses for this meeting only.
Alternatively, please contact any of the following to register if you have problems with Doodle:
- Dawn Conway 613-724-2954; email: DMConway1@gmail.com
- Ann McMillan 613-831-5851; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paul Pestieau 613-990-6855; email: Paul.Pestieau@canada.ca
- Bob Jones 613-820-6336; email: email@example.com
- Daria Bradbury 613-949-9119; email: Daria.Bradbury@dfo-mpo.gc.ca
- Hoy Chow 819-938-4429; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tom Zagon: 613-992-8431; email: email@example.com
CANCELLATION: If you need to cancel, please change your Doodle information as soon as possible or let a contact person know so we can cancel your food order.