The solar energy industry has been notoriously difficult to predict correctly, as energy experts at the IEA have constantly underestimated solar’s potential and growth. That said, there are many trends in solar that we can foresee continuing or accelerating over the next couple of decades. Here are five ways in which the use and creation of solar power will change by about 2037.
1. Solar prices will be significantly cheaper
2. Solar power will be much more ubiquitous
3. Solar panels will be much more efficient and versatile
4. China will likely dominate the solar industry
5. The developing world will be peppered with solar microgrids