- The Bus Purchase component of this project involves the purchase of 729 clean diesel buses, 254 second generation hybrid electric buses, and 60 battery electric buses.
- The Bus Rebuild component of this project involves rebuilding 695 total buses in the current TTC fleet.
- The Government of Canada is also investing more than $10 million for 15 other public transit projects in four communities across Ontario.
- The Government of Canada will invest more than $180 billion over 12 years in public transit projects, green infrastructure, social infrastructure, trade and transportation routes, and Canada’s rural and northern communities.
- Since 2003, the Government of Ontario has committed more than $4.9 billion to the City of Toronto to help improve and expand its transit system.